Day Trip from Lisbon: Evora Private Tour
Enjoy a lovely day trip from Lisbon to Evora! Discover the wonders of Évora from its Roman-era walls to the golden plains, olive gardens and cork oak woods of Alentejo - this private tour will make your trip unforgettable!
About this activity
- Operator: Blackcab Portugal
- Free cancellation (24 hours notice)
- Languages: English, Italiano, Portugues, Espanol
- Duration: 8 hours
Travel through time and nature on this private Évora Tour from Lisbon! This medieval city is fortified with walls and rich in history, with influences dating back to the Roman Empire.
But the journey doesn't end there; besides an Evora city ...
- Start point: Marquis of Pombal Square |View in Google Maps
- Pickup is included for this activity or you can meet at the starting point.
- Pick up is offered from Lisbon. Your can arrange your pick up location and time by using the contact information on your ticket.
- Infants must not sit on laps
- Not recommended for people with back problems
- No public transportation nearby
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Pick up is offered from anywhere in or near Lisbon. Your can arrange your pick up location and time by using the contact information on your ticket.
- Cancel 24 hours before the start of the activity and you will get a full refund.
What will you do?
-Evora St. Francis Church -Bones Chapel -It is Evora Cathedral - Cartuxa Winery (optional and advance reservation required) -Temple of Diana
Located in the Alentejo region, Evora is a historic city that is rich in culture and heritage. It's surrounded by ancient walls that date back to Roman times, and is home to a variety of historic landmarks, such as the Temple of Diana and the Bones Chapel.
St. Francis Church
St. Francis Church is a must-see attraction in Evora. Its stunning Gothic architecture, intricate carvings, and stunning decorations make it a popular spot for tourists and locals alike. The church also houses the famous Bones Chapel, where you can see thousands of human bones arranged in a unique and eerie display.
The Bones Chapel is a unique attraction that can be found inside St. Francis Church. It's a macabre yet fascinating display that features the bones of over 5,000 monks arranged in intricate patterns along the walls and ceiling.
The Evora Cathedral, also known as the Cathedral of Santa Maria, is a stunning Gothic building that dates back to the 13th century. Its impressive façade and towering bell towers make it a popular spot for visitors, and the interior is just as impressive, featuring a variety of religious artwork and intricate carvings.
Cartuxa Winery (optional and advance reservation required)
If you're a wine lover, you won't want to miss a visit to Cartuxa Winery. Located just outside of Evora, this winery has been producing high-quality wines since the 18th century. Take a tour of the vineyard and winery to learn about the wine-making process and sample some of their delicious wines.
Temple of Diana
The Temple of Diana is a Roman ruin located in the heart of Evora. It's believed to have been built in the 1st century AD and was dedicated to the Roman goddess of the hunt. Although only a few columns remain today, it's still an impressive sight to behold and a testament to the city's rich history.