Day Trip from Lisbon to Coimbra & Tomar - Private Tour
Take a journey back in time with the Knights Templar and explore the beautiful cities of Tomar and Coimbra on this day trip from Lisbon, and learn about its amazing history and culture!
About this activity
- Operator: Blackcab Portugal
- Free cancellation (24 hours notice)
- Languages: English, Italiano, Portugues, Francais, Espanol
- Duration: 8 hours
Take a journey back in time and discover the secrets of the legendary Knights Templar on this lovely day trip from Lisbon!
Journey from Lisbon to Tomar and Coimbra, and explore their historic centers.
See the famous Convent of Christ, ...
- Start point: Marquis of Pombal Square |View in Google Maps
- Pickup is included for this activity or you can meet at the starting point.
- Pick up is offered from Lisbon. Your can arrange your pick up location and time by using the contact information on your ticket.
- Infants must not sit on laps
- Not recommended for people with back problems
- No public transportation nearby
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Pick up is offered from anywhere in or near Lisbon. Your can arrange your pick up location and time by using the contact information on your ticket.
- Cancel 24 hours before the start of the activity and you will get a full refund.
What will you do?
Convent of Christ
Tomar Synagogue: The Tomar Synagogue is one of Portugal's oldest synagogues and a significant historical site for the Jewish community. The synagogue, which was constructed in the 15th century, is a superb example of medieval architecture.
Coimbra University: The University of Coimbra is one of Europe's oldest and most prestigious universities. It has a long history, and its buildings and library are regarded as some of the country's most notable specimens of Baroque architecture.
St. James's Church
St. James's Church is a historic church in Tomar's city center. The church, which was constructed in the 16th century, is notable for its stunning Renaissance-style front and exquisite internal architecture.
The Old Cathedral of Coimbra is a former cathedral in Coimbra's city center. The cathedral, which originates from the 12th century, is a stunning example of Romanesque architecture.
Santa Clara Monastery
Located in Coimbra, the Santa Clara Monastery is a former convent. The convent dates from the 14th century and is a stunning example of Gothic architecture. It is well-known for its elaborate stained-glass windows and lovely cloisters.